Author Camey Yeager, NWSH
Business and Education Award Discussed for Feb and Volunteers to present the award
- January 2023 Award: Mountain West Bank
- Discussion on top 3 businesses submitted
- Winner will be announced at the Feb Connect 4 Lunch
Secretary & Vice Chair Volunteers
- Decision: Camey Yeager volunteered to be the committee’s Secretary
- Vice Chair is still vacant speak to Christina if interested
Reverse Job Fair
- Date set for March 22nd at Real Life Ministries, from 11:00-1:30
- Discussion on changing the name of the scholarships provided to the students. Some students are not needing to attend higher education and do not have a need for the scholarship but could use the funds towards supplies and certifications for trades
- A comment was made that we need to keep scholarships in the title for some organizations to donate
- Decision: Retitle Awards and Scholarships
- The Reverse Job fair committee is looking to fill two roles
- Public Relations Leader
- Prepare and release press releases regarding this event.
- Develop relationships with the press to assure firm contact.
- Manage Reverse Job Fair fact sheet.
- Archive press coverage.
- Assist with the creation and publication of community thank you letter
- Email Christina if interested
- Interviewer Assignment Leader
- Maintain a Roster of Interviewers
- Electronic document management of current/past rosters.
- Collaborate with Post Falls Chamber, committee members, BEWD members, educators, and Post Falls High School parents to recruit interviewers.
- Update interviewer assignments.
- Collaborate with Registration Leader for interviewer packet assembly.
- Public Relations Leader
- Save the date, reminder communications, thank you communications
- Note: After meeting Camey Yeager volunteered
- The committee is moving along, string backpacks for students needed
- Discussed logo re-design, KTEC students will revise
- Save the Date Flyer coming soon, H4 set for April 14th
- Day of volunteers needed
Good of the Order
- April 5th
- Educators’ thank you notes and baskets
- Given to all departments of education
- Task: Christina sends out donation request in Feb
- Reminder: Vote YES for Post Falls School District Levy
- Absentee ballots available NOW available https://elections.sos.idaho.gov/ElectionLink/ElectionLink/BeginAbsenteeRequest.aspx
- An educational video to share https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjAuxG46l-c&list=TLGGKOP0rB7GOPAyNDAxMjAyMw&t=2s
NEXT Meeting – February 28th, 2022
Meetings are scheduled monthly / on the 4th Tuesday of the Month / at 8:30 am